Sunday, September 13, 2015

Why no significant Military discounts with Vail Resorts?

Some things in life you cant explain.  One thing that amazes me is that a majority of the US supports their military veterans (past & present) and then some don't seem to care.  Obviously they didn't serve in the military.  After moving to Colorado from Virginia, I felt that this is the place for me.  Serving 21 years in the Navy, I have been around the US from NY to California to Florida. Didn't like any of those places.

The first snow season, I purchased a Local Epic pass.  I did my research and no, there is no military discounts.  So I went for it anyhow.  My son and I did have an enjoyable season, skiing all the places on the pass.  The next season I did some more research and found the "Patriot Pass".  Wow, what a deal and Copper, Winter Park and Steamboat are amazing.  They give a fair discount to the men and women of the US whom served their county, what a concept.

Obviously Vail Resorts is not a Military friendly company and care only about the bottom line.  Yes, they give a one pass discount to both active and retired (different prices), but why not a season pass?  Will it really hurt them to support the military?  Oh, BTW retired personnel are different than active and reserves.  They did their total time and completed their obligation and have military ID for the rest of their lives.  So why do companies only give discounts to active duty?  Thats another story.

Elevation Ski and Bike will give a discount to ALL military with an ID card, past and present and they do not differentiate between active and retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment